ORACLE: OVMM 3.4.2
Oracle VM Manager 3.4.2 supports current and previous Oracle VM Server releases.
You can use Oracle VM Manager 3.4.2 to manage Oracle VM Server Release 3.4.x, 3.3.x,
3.2.10, or 3.2.11.
If Oracle VM environment consists of Oracle VM Manager Release 3.4.2 and one or more
instances of Oracle VM Server at a different release, you should review the list of
supported and unsupported operations and features, as follows:
Oracle VM supports most common operations when using Oracle VM Manager to manage
an instance of Oracle VM Server that is at an earlier release, for example, creating virtual
machines (VMs), cloning VMs, starting and stopping VMs, migrating VMs, adding a server
to an existing server pool, and so on.
Unsupported Operations and Features
If you are using Oracle VM Manager to manage an instance of Oracle VM Server that is at
an earlier release, you cannot use capabilities and features that were added in a later
release than a given Oracle VM Server release. For example, Oracle VM Release 3.4.1
introduced support to export Oracle VM virtual machines. This feature is available only if
you are using both Oracle VM Manager and Oracle VM Server Release 3.4.1 or later. This
capability is not available if you are using Oracle VM Manager Release 3.4.2 to manage
Oracle VM Server Release 3.3.4.
The following operations and features are not supported in an Oracle VM environment
where Oracle VM Manager Release 3.4.2 is managing one or more instances of Oracle
VM Server at an earlier release, for example Release 3.3.4:
- Exporting Oracle VM virtual machines.
- Performing live migrations of virtual machines that have virtual disks on local
- Persisting simple names for repository objects as metadata.
- Calculating the apparent size (GIB) of storage repositories.
- Using NVM Express (NVMe) devices as storage repositories or for local
storage of virtual machine disks.
- Using Microsoft Windows Failover Clustering functionality.
- Discovering vital product data (VPD) page 0x84 information from LUNs on